Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Rick

Today is Rick's birthday.
Most of our children came easily, but it took many prayers to get Rick.
Some of the things we love about Rick are:
He has a fun sense of humor, always has a clever, quick come-back.
He knows how to work hard.
He gives great hugs.
He has a tender heart (but in true manly style, doesn't show it easily).
When he decides to do something he is totally dedicated, he is unstoppable.
He takes teasing like a champ.
He finally likes my cooking, now that he lives so far away.
He is just all around amazing.
We love you Rick, never forget how important you are to us!



I love this picture of my two oldest boys, they are SO cute!



Rick with the nasty tasting ducks his dad shot.
I only cooked duck once, it was pretty bad.



With Scotty during one of the summers he stayed with their family in McCall.



Rick made a trip through Idaho and stopped to give Rachel and her kids a ride.



Rick finally went to Alaska two years ago and had a great time fishing.




We have met Rick in Mesquite at the shooting range several times,
he and Dave have a great time trying to out shoot each other.




At the airport last spring on our visit. This is the helicopter he was flying then.




At the Hoover Dam, he knows more than he really wants to about this dam.
That's why he is the best pilot/tour guide ever!

3 comments:

  1. We had so much fun with him when he came down here for some of his school. I only wish we could interact with all of your kids more. They are such sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the sudden I'm wanting a Rick-hug

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you at last! lol (took some maneuvering around the web to accomplish it, tho!) First, I'll say what a beautiful family you have and what a great guy "Wink" is! We miss him around here! And the pics are such treasures!

    I would like to also tell you how wonderful our visit was this morning and the opportunity God gave us to share Him. Your heart speaks multitudes, Karie, and it has been passed on to our beautiful Rachel and the grandchildren she and David have given us. We love them beyond words!

    I hope you continue to visit my blog and bask in the Lord's truths and desires for us. I hope the things you read there richly bless you. He never fails a heart that opens itself to Him! I'm going to add your blog to my list of favorites and visit often. It's a wonderful way to keep in touch!

    With Christ's Love,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete