Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day



Today is Veteran's day so I want to express my appreciation to my husband for the service he gave to our country. He saw much of the world and gained skills and perspective thanks to the time he spent in the USMC. I wish I had a picture of him in uniform that I could add, but the logo will have to do.

My dad is also a veteran. He served in World War II on a battleship in the Pacific. He was so young, yet willing to leave home and family to defend freedom. He taught me to love my country, and that freedom and liberty come at a high price.

It seems that many today have forgotten the sacrifices that have and are being made by so many to give us the freedom that we often take for granted. I am grateful to them and their families and pray that we will all do whatever is necessary to preserve the liberty of our nation that it might spread throughout the world.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding us of the sacrifice our fathers, uncles, sons and daughters have given us by choosing to serve. Without them, the freedoms we enjoy would have been lost.

    Thank you for your service, Dave!

    ReplyDelete