Sunday, December 26, 2010

December

What a month it has been. We got ready for Christmas early this year so I could spend some time with Robin, Dennison, Carter, Jude and their new baby girl.
The first week or so of December was filled with 3 concerts at BYU, our BYU ward Christmas dinner, visiting teaching, the 1st Presidency Devotional, baking goodies, wrapping gifts and sending packages. Then I was off to Washington on the 10th.
It was so nice to be in Robin and Dennison’s home, to see them and their boys and new baby girl. I kept pretty busy just keeping up with the boys, they are so much fun. We read lots of stories, played hide-and-seek, put puzzles together, and took lots of pictures. I even stayed for Robin’s birthday; we had Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake ~ Robin’s favorite, and I watched the latest Twilight movie with them, the only one I’ve seen.
I am so pleased and proud of my sweet daughter and the mom and wife she has become. I am so glad she decided to marry Dennison, he brings out the best in her and they are a great team. They have created a wonderful atmosphere in which to raise their family; a home filled with patience, love, laughter, and joy. It was a privilege to be there, I loved every minute.
It was also nice to get back home; I arrived in SLC at about 9 pm and Dave was waiting at the airport. We woke up the next morning, when I had an 8 o'clock appointment, to 15" of new snow. My Idaho family and friends won't think that is a big deal, but without a snow blower and snow tires it is a bigger deal than we care to deal with very often. After trying to get out of the neighborhood and getting stuck more than once, we just came home and went back to sleep.

Dave on the deck, up to his knees in snow
the yardstick tells the story
The whole week was fun and festive, finishing last minute Christmas projects, delivering goodies, etc. Christmas day was wonderful ~ but quieter than I would choose. We breakfasted with Steve, Krista and Cache, then had dinner with my family that evening.  Dave and I are looking forward to spending this next week together with a few gatherings thrown in; then welcoming the new year with all the new experiences, friends, and opportunities it will bring.

1 comment:

  1. What a great month you've had! Thanks again for coming and taking such good care of us. We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete