Thursday, March 10, 2011

What makes me stronger

Once in a while I require myself to do something that is difficult. It could be speaking up when I'd rather stay quiet, or going without sugar for a month, or maybe I will read a book that I have to work at, or even invite someone I don't know well over for dinner.
There are not many hills around our house, but the wind blows a lot. When I go jogging I am usually in the cross wind, but for 3 or 4 blocks I 'run' straight into the wind. I feel like one of those cartoon characters whose legs go like crazy but they stay in one place. Then once I turn the corner and the resistance is gone, I feel like I'm going twice as fast as I really am.
Pushing against opposition builds muscles, character and commitment. It shows me what I am capable of, that I can do difficult things.

1 comment:

  1. you are one of the strongest and most classy people I know. You are a great example to me. I love you for it!

    ReplyDelete