Sunday, August 23, 2009

scripture moment

One night in my scripture study, I read the words from the book of Malachi: "Return unto me, and I will return unto you..."(Malachi 3:7). When I remember to pause and pray before I begin reading, I find that my mind is more open and receptive to the meaning of the scriptures and their application in my life.
These thoughts came to me as I read. The Lord wants to be close to me, to all of us. It is my choices, my actions, that too often separate me from Him. But it is His constant invitation to me to return, and He will receive me. Like the parable of the prodigal son, our Father is waiting, watching, for me to 'come to myself' and go back to Him. I know from experience that no matter how long I have been gone, nor how far I am away, He sees me coming and runs to me, that there is always a warm and loving reception, and that nothing on earth can provide the peace and inner satisfaction of a personal relationship with my Father.

1 comment:

  1. Karie you are amazing. I wish we were closer, I could learn so much frm you!

    ReplyDelete