Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Current Reading List

I saw this chart on Glenn Beck's TV show a day or two ago and would like to share it with you.
It shows how the processes put in place by our Founding Fathers in the Constitution to protect liberty and freedom have been circumvented.

I am not sure what lies in the future for our country and the liberties passed down to us by those who paid a high price for them. I feel a need to educate myself regarding the principles our government was founded upon and have found several books to read on this topic.
The 5000 Year Leap ~ A Miracle that Changed the World by Skousen
I read this book a couple years ago, and plan to re-read it soon.
The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes
I read this one while in WA with Robin when Jude was born, it is a bit over my head and I need to read it again too.
The Federalist Papers by Hamilton, Madison, and Jay
I tried this one while still in Idaho, it is difficult reading for me but I find it referenced so often I am going to give it another try.
Vindicating the Founders: Race, Sex, Class, and Justice in the Origins of America by Thomas G West
I just finished this one yesterday and highly recommend it. It gives an accurate perspective on controversial issues as the Founders saw them in their day. Very, very good.
A Patriot's History of the United States by Schweikert & Allen
I am just starting this one, it is longer than the others I have listed, 800+ pages, but goes 'From Columbus's Discovery to the War on Terror'.
Please share with me any books or websites that you have found which teach the original principles of freedom as our Founders established them.

No comments:

Post a Comment